Nicholas Tsiolas, DDS
General Dentist located in Midtown East, New York, NY
Have you been holding back from talking to your dentist about improving your smile because you don’t want clunky, metal braces? There is a more comfortable and attractive alternative to braces for straightening your teeth. At his New York City office, Nicholas Tsiolas, DDS, uses InvisalignⓇ clear aligners to reinvent patient smiles up to 50% faster than traditional braces. Call today to find out how you can get the smile you’ve always dreamed of.
Is Invisalign® right for me?
Invisalign clear aligners are a convenient and comfortable alternative to traditional metal braces. Invisalign treats both mild and complex cosmetic and structural dental conditions, including:
- Overbites: when the upper teeth extend over the lower teeth
- Underbites: when the lower teeth extend beyond the upper teeth
- Open Bites: when some teeth don’t make contact with their opposing teeth while biting
- Crossbites: when the upper and lower jaws are misaligned
- Overcrowding: when the jaw doesn’t have enough room to accommodate every tooth
Without treatment, these dental issues can lead to joint and jaw problems, tooth decay, gum disease, and bone loss.
How does Invisalign work?
Once Dr. Tsiolas determines you are a good candidate for Invisalign, he develops a customized treatment plan to achieve the smile you desire. He uses a scanner to show you exactly how your teeth will adjust, giving you a glimpse of your future smile.
He then makes impressions of your teeth. From those impressions, several sets of custom Invisalign clear aligners are created. For the best results possible, you should wear Invisalign custom aligners 20 to 22 hours a day — removing them only to eat, brush, and floss. Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible; most people won’t even know you’re wearing them.
Throughout your treatment, Dr. Tsiolas tells you when to switch to the next set of aligners. Invisalign is designed to move teeth gently, yet quickly, speeding up treatment time significantly. You can schedule check-ups every four to six weeks so that Dr. Tsiolas can check your progress.
When your Invisalign treatment is complete, you should consider using custom retainers to maintain your new and improved Invisalign smile.
What makes Invisalign a better alternative to braces?
Dr. Tsiolas recommends Invisalign over braces and other clear aligners for several reasons. Invisalign is ideal for fixing a variety of alignment issues because it:
- is painless
- doesn’t require uncomfortable wires or brackets
- is nearly invisible
- treats both simple and complex cases
- is removable for brushing and eating
- offers noticeable results throughout the treatment process
- works up to 50% faster than other products
- requires fewer doctor appointments
- is covered by many insurance plans
Your perfect smile is closer than you think. As a certified Invisalign provider, Dr. Tsiolas has already created countless stunning smiles for his patients. Call or go online to schedule your Invisalign consultation today.